By Sweet Cheeks!
Savory Sweet Potato Skins
What you will need:
2 Sweet potatoes
4 Pieces of bacon-cooked, drained and chopped (can do ahead of time)
1-2 small onions-chopped
Crushed red peppers
Serves 2-4 depending on if used as appetizer or meal.
What to do:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Wash, prick and place potatoes on baking sheet and bake in oven until tender, but not mushy-appx 30min.
3. While potatoes are baking chop onions and caramelize in a pan with olive oil until golden and tender.
4. Remove potatoes and set aside to let cool.
5. When potatoes are cool-cut in half length wise and scoop out center, making sure to leave a little potato in the skin.
6. Sprinkle each potato with caramelized onions, bacon pieces, salt, pepper, crushed red peppers and fresh thyme.
7. Place skins on baking sheet and bake at 400 another 10-12 minutes.
8. When done garnish with more fresh thyme.
Then serve them as an appetizer or a side dish. I really wanted to drizzle them with a little maple syrup, but have yet to. Sound good to anyone else?
Strength: 1RM Push Press
DB Power Cleans (45lbs, 35lbs)
*scale as needed.
Cash Out: 100 Band Rows in as few sets as possible.