Recipe By PaleoOMG!!!
- 1lb pork loin
- 10 fresh figs, stems removed
- 10 pieces of prosciutto
- 2 yellow onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons fat of choice (I used bacon fat)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Wrap your prosciutto around the figs. No special way to do it. Just wrap.
- Place your prosciutto wrapped figs on a baking sheet over with parchment paper for easy clean up!
- Bake figs for 10-12 minutes.
- Once your figs are done cooking, let cool. Once the are cooled, roughly chop them up.
- Cover your pork loin with garlic powder, onion powder, and salt and pepper.
- Now time to make your onion jam!
- Place 2 tablespoons of fat of choice in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add your sliced onions to begin to caramelize down, tossing so they don’t stick to the pan and burn.
- When your onions have begun to become translucent, add your balsamic vinegar, white wine vinegar, and water and mix well. Then add a bit of salt. Mix well and let cook down even more until you get a thick sauce.
- Then add your chopped up prosciutto and figs to your onion jam and mix well.
- Pour into a bowl and keep your pan over medium heat.
- Add your pork loin to the pan to sear on all sides.
- Then place your pork loin on the same baking sheet covered in parchment paper that you used for your figs and first pour your last tablespoon of balsamic vinegar on top of the pork then top it with your onion jam.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes or until pork is completely cooked through to an internal temperature of 145 degrees.
- Slice your pork however you like it! Boom.
Part 1: Tabata of:
One Leg Bridge (alternate)
30 Clean and Jerks (ground to overhead anyway)
Wt: 61kg, 43kg
*please warm up to the weight prior to starting and make sure you use a weight that is appropriate for you.