PALEO CHICKEN WINGS
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sage
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 package of fresh chicken wings- found with the other fresh chicken at your local grocer
- olive oil (or grape seed oil) spray
1) Preheat oven to 220°C and line 2 baking trays with foil.
2) Combine flour, onion powder, garlic powder ,paprika powder, peppers and herbs in a large plastic bag- I found that using the bag didn’t really coat the wings evenly. My suggestion would be to combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
3) Spray the chicken wings with the oil, and dip each wing in the almond flour mixture until evenly coated (or if you opted for the bag, place wings in the bag and shake evenly to coat).
4) Place onto prepared baking trays. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
5) Spray chicken with oil again. Bake for 25 to 35 minutes or until crisp and cooked through.
6) Add your *optional* hot sauce of choice and serve with a salad. Enjoy!
Team WOD: wear your running shoes.