Olive, garlic & lemon chicken recipe
- 1/4 cup butter (or ghee), tallow, coconut oil or poultry fat;
- 1/2 lb black olives (kalamata), cut in half;
- 8 chicken thighs, with bones and skin;
- 3 cups onions, sliced thin;
- 30 gloves garlic, minced and smashed almost to a paste;
- 1/2 cup lemon juice;
- 2 extra lemons, thickly sliced (remove seeds with the tip of a
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock;
- A bunch of picked thyme leaves;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste;
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- Melt the first 1/4 cup fat in a large and hot pan and brown the chicken pieces on all sides. It will take about 6 minutes total. Set the chicken aside.
- Cook the onions until soft, about 3 minutes, and make sure to scrape all the delicious chicken bits off the pan while doing so.
- Add the garlic and cook for about a minute, until fragrant. You can season with salt and pepper at this point.
- Add the chicken stock, thyme and lemon juice and return the chicken thighs to the pan, skin side up.
- Bring to a simmer and put the pan, covered, in the hot oven for
about 20 minutes.
- Remove the lid, add the halved olives as well as the lemon slices and bake for another 15 to 20 minutes uncovered.
- Serve the chicken with the olive, garlic and lemon sauce as well as with some of the lemon slices.
The Bear Complex
compare tp Oct. 24th