Recipe By PaleoOMG!!!
- 1 medium sweet potato or yam, baked until soft (stop worrying about size, it won’t make that big of a difference)*
- 1 (14 oz) canned coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3 tablespoons cinnamon (the more the better. duh.)
- sprinkle of nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- more cinnamon
- one more pinch of salt
- First, bake your sweet potato. So poke a crap ton of holes in it using a fork.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and place your sweet potato on a baking sweet.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until your sweet potato is soft to the touch. The longer you bake it and the gushy-er it gets, the sweet it will be.
- Let sweet potato cool and remove the skin.
- Place sweet potato in a food processor along with your coconut milk and puree until smooth.
- Then add your vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, and pinch of salt and puree one more time.
- Place in fridge to cool for 30min.-1 hour depending how warm your sweet potato was.
- Add cooled mixture to your ice cream maker and follow the directions.
- While your ice cream churns, pull out a small saucepan, place under medium heat and add your 2 tablespoons of coconut oil along with 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Then add your walnuts and mix around to help the coconut oil coat on all sides.
- Let your walnuts begin to roast. After a minute or so, they will become fragrant and then add your cinnamon and a bit of salt. Keep flipping around your walnuts so they do not burn and they can coat in the cinnamon.
- Add more cinnamon if you want. I did.
- Once your ice cream is done, top with walnuts. I also topped mine with a bit of sunbutter.
Skill: 3×10 Unbroken Reps: Overhead Squats @ 35/25kg or a weight that is appropriate for you. Go light and work on position and stamina.
Deadlifts (~50-60% of 1RM)
Box Jumps (24/20in)
*be smart about your deadlift weight. good form or Jason will kindly take your weight off.