- Consume organic, pasture raised or grass fed meats. Again as mentioned above estrogen is stored in the fat cells. Commercially raised (feed lot) animals are given estrogenic hormones regularly to PLUMP them up. If one consumes the fats from these animals they are essentially consuming the estrogen as well. If you can’t afford to buy higher quality meats work on consuming cuts with little to no fat on them. Be sure to add some grassfed butter into your diet to get that healthy fat load you are missing when purchasing lean commercial cuts.
- Avoid consuming tofu or soy derived products (miso, soy milk, soy sauce, soybeans, etc). Soy has been shown to have phytoestrogen qualities in the body and this mimics estrogen (again increased fat storage).
- Do not use or re-use store bought plastic water bottles, avoid heating in plastic containers. Heat releases the BPA into the food/water. These products typically contain Bisphenol_A (BPA) which has been shown to be an estrogen mimicker in the body as well. It’s best to use glass or stainless steel water bottles or food containers on a regular basis.
- Reduce consumption of non organic produce (veggies & fruit) especially those shown to be on the dirty dozen list by the EWG. Lower the number on this list = more pesticides found in the produce item. Link here: http://www.ewg.org/
- Take a look at your skin and health care items. Try Primal Life Organics or store bought items with very minimal ingredients on the back and ones you can pronounce or know the meaning of without looking it up.
Please use this link to learn more about classes. We are continuing to offer our livestream workouts every day of the week. For those that are more comfortable limiting exposure to others, this is a Read more…