Recipe by Sweet Cheeks!!!
- 4-5 small sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & freshly ground pepper
- 4-6 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1# ground turkey meat (dark meat will be more moiste)
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup organic vegetable broth
- 1 cup red grapes
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or other nut
- Start by Preheating your oven to 400° F. On a baking sheet, toss the sweet potatoes with 1 tbsp oil and sprinkle with some salt and pepper. Bake in oven for about 20min, until potatoes are tender..
- Meanwhile, heat 3 tbsp oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the celery, onions, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are softened and beginning to brown, 10 to 12 minutes. Add the turkey and cook through until thoroughly browned.
- Next transfer the turkey vegetable mixture to a large bowl along with the roast sweet potatoes and let everything cool for 10 minutes or so. Turn oven down to 375.
- Add in the beaten eggs, broth, pecans, grapes and sage to the veggie mixture and combine well. Use olive oil to grease a 9-by-13-inch baking dish or cover pan in foil (makes for easy clean up). Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and bake until browned, 20 to 30 minutes more.
Enjoy and Stay well!
“Broomstick Mile” Teams of 3:
25 Back Squat
25 Front Squat
25 Overhead Squat
25 Shoulder Press
25 Push Press
25 Push Jerk
50 Squat Cleans
50 Power Snatches
*The movements are all done with a PVC. Every member of the team does the above number of reps. All team members work at the same time and must stay on the same pace. If one member stops to rest, all members stop to rest. Rx+: may use a bar, no heavier.