Sweet Potato Hash
This stuff is pretty tasty, beautiful and can be made vegetarian. It’s also a bit addicting, so be careful. The ingredients don’t have to measure up exactly, so use what you have in the kitchen, these are approximations. Really any vegetable you like would work great. I have used apples, nuts and broccoli in the past.
2 sweet potato
1 small onions
1 red peppers
2-4 slices bacon
small hand full chopped fresh sage
seasonings to taste:
Preheat oven to 350.
1. Place bacon on baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes until almost crispy.
2. While bacon is baking, chop sweet potatoes into uniform size small cubes.
3. Remove bacon from sheet and lets drain on paper towels, next with same pan, in the bacon grease take about half of your chopped sweet potato mixture, toss with a little bit of salt, and broil until golden brown.
4. Chop the rest of the vegetables, onion, zucchini, peppers into the same size pieces as your sweet potato.
5. In a cast iron skillet coated with olive oil add in onions, cook for 2-3 minutes then add remainder of sweet potatoes cook until they start turning brown and golden. Then add in zucchini and peppers.
6. Use scissors to chop bacon add it in just before the vegetables are tender.
7. Season with chili powder, cayenne, salt and fresh chopped sage. Toss in broiled sweet potatoes that have a bacon essence.
8. Enjoy, serve with eggs, along side baked chicken or atop wilted greens!
“Fight Gone Bad”
3 Rounds, 1 minute stations
- Wall-ball: 20 pound ball (Reps)
- Sumo deadlift high-pull: 35kg, 25kg (Reps)
- Box Jump: 20″ box (Reps)
- Push-press: 35kg, 25kg (Reps)
- Row: calories