Recipe by Paleo Plan!
Makes dinner for two.
Approximate cooking time: 25 minutes, plus 1 hour for marinade
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 2 Tbs red curry paste (Thai Kitchen recommended)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger root, grated
- 1 tsp fish sauce (optional, look for one without sugar added)
- juice from 1 lime, divided
- 1 (14 oz) can full fat organic coconut milk (see note above, only 1/2 can needed)
- 1 Tbs coconut oil
- wooden skewers (optional)
- 10-12 fresh basil leaves
- In a shallow bowl, combine shrimp, red curry paste, garlic, ginger, fish sauce (optional) and 1/2 of the lime juice. Refrigerate and let marinate for at least 1 hour, up to overnight.
- Meanwhile, add the coconut milk to a blender and whip for 1 minute. Remove to a container and refrigerate for later use. NOTE: You will only use about half of this, so save the remaining to drizzle on fruit and almond butter for snacks, or in another meal.
- Shortly before meal time, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add coconut oil when hot.
- Add shrimp, and saute a few minutes until bright pink.
- Remove shrimp from pan. Either wrap each shrimp in a large basil leaf and thread onto wooden skewers, or simply chop the basil and sprinkle over shrimp.
- Sprinkle with remaining lime juice and drizzle with whipped coconut milk. Serve hot or room temperature.
Strength: Sumo Deadlift 5RM, drop to 80% AMRAP
AMRAP 8min Rest 2min then Repeat AMRAP 8min
20 Box Jumps (24in/20in)
10 KB Swings (53lbs/35lbs) (Rx+: 70lbs/53lbs)