- Excess weight around the midsection
- 40 inches and above for Men
- 35 inches and above for Women
- High Levels of Triglycerides(Blood Fats) – Measured at the time of a blood test during your annual physical.
- At or above 150mg per deciliter for men or women
- Low levels of HDL (Good Cholesterol) – Again taken during your annual physical as part of the Cholesterol check(this includes Triglycerides, HDL(good), LDL(Bad)
- Below 40mg – Men
- Below 50 mg – Women
- High Blood Pressure
- At or above 130/85
- High Fasting Blood Glucose Levels
- At or above 100-110mg per deciliter
Tests that your Dr, ND or Holistic Nutritionist could run to check your risk factors are as follows:
- Blood Pressure Test
- Glucose Test
- Cholesterol Test (HDL, LDL & Triglyceride breakdown)
- Cholesterol Particle Size – This test isn’t always given, and sometimes only provided if client is at risk, or requests the test from their Dr or naturopathic Dr.
Work on consuming nutrient whole dense foods instead of processed junk laden foods (sugar, processed wheat – pasta, breads, etc), rancid seed or vegetable oils, avoid fried foods, etc. Eat Kale, Spinach, Swiss Chard, really any and all whole veggies are great, Healthy Fats (coconut oil, coconut butter, pastured lard or tallow, EVOO, Avocado Oil, etc) and try to source your meat/poultry/fish from the best option available within your budget. Grassfed, pastured or wild are always the most nutrient dense and lack the bad fats or toxins commercially raised animals have in their fat.