From our very own Chrissy B’s website: eat2beehealthy.com
Crock Pot Country BBQ Ribs & Celery Root & Sweet Potato Puree
This dinner is SUPER DUPER easy to make, and probably one of the best I have ate in the past month. Yep I just said super duper…lol! We eat yummy dishes every night in our household but this one just catapulted itself to the top of my all time favorite meals! The other great thing about this recipe…its SUPER easy to make! Great for those busy weeknights or weekend dinner parties with friends. This will surely knock their socks off!! You would start the ribs in the morning before heading off to work so you can eat them that night. OR you can start them before going to bed and have it ready to go for lunch the next day.
Hmm what in the world does Celery Root or Celeriac look like – you say? Honestly, I had never had this before until last night. A few weeks ago we were watching a cooking show and they used this as one of the ingredients and it of course intrigued me! It’s turned out so good and will now be a part of my mash/purees in the future. It’s absolutely delightful and very ugly looking! You can find this at your local farmer’s market or Whole Foods. I am guessing you might be able to find this at your local grocer too, but I am not 100%. I only shop at a few stores and mostly stick to the farmer’s markets to try and eat local & seasonally.
Ingredients for Celery Root (Celeriac) & Sweet Potato Puree (Serves 3-4): 2 Medium celery root (celeriac) – Peeled and cut into 2inch cubes 1 Large sweet potato – Peeled and cut into 2inch cubes 1/4-1/2c Homemade Chicken Stock (or gluten free option from the store if you don’t have any on hand) 1/2t Italian herbs/spices 1/2t Sea Salt 1/4c EVOO 2T Expeller pressed coconut oil (We use Tropical Traditions – www.tropicaltraditions.com)
Directions for Ribs:
- Whisk together all BBQ sauce ingredients
- Add ribs into crockpot
- Pour BBQ sauce over the ribs
- Cover & cook for 8hrs on low
- Careful not to remove the lid as this adds 20 min extra cooking time each time it’s opened. 😉
- We pulled our ribs out of the BBQ sauce and put them under the broiler for 5 min to try and crisp up the outer part – but this is not required. They are delicious either way!
- Enjoy w/ lunch, dinner, brunch or breakfast!! They are good with everything!
|Just removed from 8hrs of slow cooking in the crock pot|
|5 min under the broiler setting in our toaster oven|
|Just removed from the broiler|
- Add broth, chopped celery root & sweet potatoes, italian herbs, sea salt into large stock pot
- Cover and cook over medium heat for 20 min.
- Check with fork to ensure they are soft enough to mash in your food processor.
- Add the entire mixture into your food processor – blend until fully combined
- We were out of grassfed butter so we used coconut oil & olive oil as the replacement for this step. Add into the food processor until fully combined. They should be a tiny bit gummier than a white potato puree as shown in the photo below.
- Serve up with your protein of choice! These are also good served along side southern greens!
Now time for the finished meal!!!
ENJOY!! Happy New Year!