Recipe by US Wellness Meats
- 15 minutes
- 1 to 11/2 pounds chicken livers
- 2/3 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon coarse (granulated) garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 2-4 tablespoons coconut oil
- garnish: fresh lemon and chopped fresh herbs (parsley, cilantro, or mint)
- Cut chicken livers into 2-inch pieces and pat dry with paper towels.
- In a small bowl, mix flour, paprika, garlic powder, cumin, salt, pepper, and cloves with a fork until blended. Pour the seasoned flour into a large ziplock bag, add the chicken livers, and shake gently until coated evenly.
- In a large saute pan, heat 2 tablespoons coconut oil over medium-high until hot, about 3 minutes. Add about half the chicken livers in a single layer — try to arrange them so they don’t touch. Allow the bottom to brown well and form a crisp crust, about 3-5 minutes. Using tongs, flip the livers, and brown the other side. Set aside to drain on paper towels while you cook the second batch. You may need to add more coconut oil to the pan.
- Place the livers on a serving plate and garnish with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice and a sprinkle of chopped fresh herbs.
100 Double Unders
50 KB Swings (wt: 53lbs, 35lbs)
100 Sit Ups
*compare to May. work on August goal with extra time.