Recipe by Paleo Diet Lifestyle
- 3 1/2 lb top sirloin roast beef;
- 6 slices bacon;
- ¼ cup softened butter, clarified butteror other cooking fat;
- 3 cloves garlic, minced;
- 1 tbsp of Dijon or homemade mustard;
- 1 tbsp good quality or homemade horseradish;
- 3/4 cup red wine;
- 1 3/4 cups homemade beef stock;
Preparation for Sweet potatoes
- Preheat your oven to 400 F.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter or other cooking fat, garlic, mustard and horseradish. Mix until smooth.
- Rub the roast all over with the mixture.
- Lay the bacon pieces out flat so that they are slightly overlapping. Then place the roast on top of the bacon and wrap the pieces around the roast. If needed, use toothpicks to hold the bacon in place.
- Place the roast in a roasting dish and cook at 400 F for 20 minutes.
- Once the roast has been in for 20 minutes, add the wine and stock to the roasting dish. At the same time, adjust the heat to 350 F.
- Roast for about 70 minutes, depending on how well-done you like your meat. 20 minutes per pound is a good rule of thumb for a medium rare to medium well roast. There is a good reference chart included in the cookbook to know the exact roasting times of the different cuts of meat.
- 2 lbs of peeled sweet potatoes;
- ½ cup soften butter, clarified butter or other paleo fat;
- 2 green onions, chopped;
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon;
- ¼ cup toasted pecans;
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil and cook potatoes until soft enough to mash.
- Strain the potatoes and return them to pot. Add the butter and mash until all butter is melted and potatoes are smooth.
- Add onions and cinnamon and mix thoroughly to ensure the cinnamon is dispersed evenly.
- In a small skillet over medium heat, toast pecans. Once finished, add to the potatoes.
5 Rounds with 90sec rest between rounds
5 power Clean
10 Front Squat
5 Split Jerk
10(w:5) Strict Pull Ups
Wt: 60kg, 40kg