Dark Chocolate Sunflower & Banana Butter Cups – 21 Day Sugar Detox Recipe
Makes 30-35 mini butter cups –
Silicone Mold: http://www.amazon.com/Freshware-30-Cavity-Silicone-Chocolate-Butter-Cup/dp/B003UDEKDM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1376248234&sr=8-2&keywords=candy+mold
If you don’t have a mold, mini cupcake tins could work but I don’t know how many this would make with my recipe below.
Dark Chocolate Shell – 1/2c Coconut butter (also known as manna or cream from various brands) 1/4c Cacao butter (optional) 3T Coconut oil 1/3c 100% Organic dark chocolate 2T Cacao Powder (optional) 1t Cinnamon 1t PURE Vanilla extract (no sugar) or vanilla bean
Sunflower Banana Butter – 3T Organic sunflower butter (this one has NO sugar in it) or your nut butter of choice 1/2-1T Full fat coconut milk – Room temp 1/2 (4 inches) of Green tipped banana (if on detox otherwise you can use a regular ripe banana) Pinch of sea salt
- Melt the ingredients for your dark chocolate shell on medium-low heat in a double boiler if you have one. If you don’t have one of these (which I don’t), I do the following to ensure this doesn’t burn. In a small stock pot (3 quarts) fill with about 3 inches of water, and sit a stainless steel bowl that fits and locks a tight seal inside of it. Place all of your ingredients for the shell inside and stir until melted and mixed together. If you don’t this option either I think melting everything on low in a small stock pan could work too just keep your eye on it so nothing burns.
- On this next step I used my easy pour funnel (http://www.amazon.com/Wilton-1904-552-Easy-Pour-Funnel/dp/B001689LD2/ref=pd_bxgy_k_text_y from amazon). Put a very small portion at the bottom of the cups. If you don’t have a funnel a spoon or baggie w/ a hole could work but it might be a little messy.
- Place the mold into the freezer while you make the filling. Turn off the heat to the stove so you can use the remaining chocolate soon in the molds after the filling.
- In a small food processor add your banana, sunflower butter, coconut milk and a pinch of sea salt and mix together. It will be a thick almost frosting like consistency. I also like to use this mixture on paleo chocolate cupcakes or pancakes w/ grassfed ghee or as a filling in my buckwheat crepes.
- Remove mold from freezer
- With 1/2 teaspoon measuring spoon scoop mixture and drop into your molds (heaping 1/2t size)
- With remaining melted dark chocolate funnel until the chocolate fills to the top of the mold
- Set in freezer for minimum 1hr.
- Store in the freezer or fridge for a tasty 21day sugar detox treat! Or a treat for any day really!
I personally enjoy these frozen versus at room temp or the fridge. They kind of remind me a little bit of a frozen snicker ice cream bite (something I remember from my much younger year’s living in Indiana).
I think the next time I make these when not on the detox I will do the same recipe – but also add a little homemade palm sugar & ghee caramel into the inside with a chopped nut. If this one turns out I will post the recipe with all of you.
Strength/Skill: EMOM for 10 Rounds:
Even minutes: Weighted Push Ups 5reps. Should be difficult but not to failure.
Odd minutes: Pikes or Handstand Push Ups (do not use the salon wall after 8am)
3 Rounds 1 min at each station
Push Jerks (wt: 40/25kg. Rx+:50/35kg)
*do not use the salon wall after 8am. monitor your form and reps, if things are starting to look sloppy, stop. use the appropriate weight for your current level, the bar is perfectly acceptable if that is your level.